Monday, September 20, 2010

Why are you still single?

I get so tired of people saying to me, you're so great, why are you still single? To me, it's almost like they're saying, not you're so great, but really, what's wrong with you, that you can't find a man?

My friends will tell you, I'm cute, smart, funny, loyal, generous, happy, fun, outgoing, patient, loving, caring, beautiful, a great cook, and would make a great wife/girlfriend for any man. I'll tell you, all those things are true, I'm also sexy, flirty, crafty (I'm good at sewing and making jewelry), impatient, overweight, hirsute (my least favorite quality, look it up, not fun), insecure (mostly when it comes to the hirsute part), confident, obnoxious, sarcastic, and obsessive compulsive (not all the time, but about certain things, yeah).

I don't think there's anything "wrong" with me. I think everyone has good and bad qualities and when you meet the right someone, they'll love you, imperfections and all.

I'm still single, because I'm picky. I'm still single, because I want someone who loves me just the way I am. I'm still single, because I won't settle.

Marilyn Monroe said it best, "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. "

No comments:

Post a Comment