Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kicking butt and taking names

Since joining the gym at the end of April, I've lost close to 20 pounds and dropped 2 pants sizes.  I am looking and feeling great. I'm starting to have actual muscle definition in my arms and not just flab!!!

I want more. I want to lose at least another 20 pounds and to drop another 2 pants sizes.

It's not easy. There are days where I'm tired and refuse to go. There are days where I just dial it in and go through the motions, rather than actually get a good work out.

I'm still going though and to me, that's a huge accomplishment in itself.

Last week, I realized I could use Pandora on my phone to listen to while I work out and that has been awesome! I can just put on the music and zone out while I'm doing my elliptical and weight work out.

I've also started setting goals for myself. Last week, I did a mile on the elliptical in under 10 minutes for the first time. That ROCKED! I even did part of the 10 minutes on level 8 (the higher the level, the more resistance there is). Yesterday, I did a mile in 12min 30sec on level 10. My next goal is to do a mile on level 10 the whole time, in under 10min. I can't wait to see how long it takes to get to my goal!

I also really need to get more serious about my cardio. I need to start burning more fat. For that, I think I'm going to continue in my aqua fit classes, Monday and Wednesday, plus I think I'm going to try another kind of cardio class. Maybe a step or aerobic dance. Those classes scare me, all the people in them are fit and really good at it, I think I'll be awkward and it will take me a while to get the hang of it, but I also think they'll be a lot of fun!

The best part about working out, I feel great. I look even better. Watching my body change is really exciting. Seeing how much better my clothes fit and getting to try on different sizes at the store is so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment