Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Music that makes my world go round

Music is a HUGE part of my life. I can't sit at my desk and work without music. I can't ride in the car and not have a CD in or the radio on. I sing and car dance in my car and I don't care who sees me. Also, I LOVE to sing karaoke, I'm not the best singer, but I do OK and I LOVE it!.

I listen to a wide range of music anything from Snow Patrol (my favorite) to Elton John to Madonna to Lady Gaga to Taylor Swift to Linkin Park to U2 to Presidents of the United States, to Jason Mraz, to Eminem to the Barenaked Ladies to Weezer. I could go on and on, I have very eclectic tastes.

Currently, I'm listening to a lot of Train. Songs such as "About to Come Alive" (this song is so beautifully written, the lyrics move me), "Hey Soul Sister" (I can't help but dance to this song every time it comes on!), "Parachute" (again, amazing lyrics), "Drops of Jupiter" (great song which my good friend, Punky, sings at karaoke all the time, so it's a fave) and "Her Eyes", which is technically by Pat Monahan, the lead singer of Train.

Of course, Snow Patrol, they are my band and there are so many of their songs that mean so much to me. Most of the songs of theirs that I love aren't the main stream ones. Sure, I love "Run", "Chasing Cars" and "Just Say Yes", but my favorites aren't on the radio. Song #1 on their Final Straw album, "How to be Dead", love it. By far, my favorite Snow Patrol song. Their album Eyes Open was my constant companion when my fiance and I broke up. Songs like "You Could Be Happy" and "It's Beginning to Get to Me", I sobbed through those on more than one occassion. One of my current favorites is called "Engines" off their Hundred Million Suns album. It took me listening to that one and finally looking up the lyrics to realize how freaking amazing that song is!

You wouldn't think a song called "Engines" would be romantic, but it is.

I know I love you like the silvered gold of dying days
I know I love you like an ancient history brought to life
I know I love you like the sunlit water on your skin
I know I love you like the million times I never said

I know you love me like the silence of the turning earth
I know you love me like the endless roar of modern of life
I know you love me like the laughter and the kissed back tears
I know you love me like the past the now the coming years

I get goose bumps reading those words. If you haven't heard the song, I think you should check it out.

I am a hopeless, ok, hopeFUL, romantic and I am crazy for a good love song!

Some of my all time favorite love songs, "Could Not Ask for More" and "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain, "Lucky" and "If It Kills Me" by Jason Mraz, "Won't", "Realize" and "Fallen For You" by Colbie Caillat, "Your Body Is a Wonderland", John Mayer. I'm sure there are more, but these are some of my all time favorites.

Another band who's songs speak to me is U2. I can't listen to "Where the Street's Have No Name" without thinking of Everett Silvertips hockey (this was the song they came out on the ice to during their first season). When I hear this song I get PUMPED! "With or Without You", so haunting, so brilliant. My favorite U2 song, "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses", great GREAT song! Again, brilliant lyrics. Gotta love U2!

You know, I could go on for DAYS about music I love. I can't live without it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment