Friday, September 17, 2010

Great date

I met R for our first date on Wednesday. Thursday, our second date, was one of the best I've ever had.

He wanted to cook me dinner at his place. I was a little concerned, he'd told me that he wasn't that great of a cook, so what was he going to make? I'd pretty much decided that I would eat whatever it was he made, I was so impressed that he wanted to cook for me.

When I showed up, there was a really wonderful smell coming from the barbecue, beef skewers, YUM:) On the dining room table there was a container of mixed olives, hummus, and a plate with smoked gouda, pita and triscuits. I couldn't believe it, he had listened to what I had said on our first date, about how I liked eating with my hands and getting to play with my food, so to speak. Wow, this guy is good.

We sat at his kitchen table, enjoyed the food and each other's company, then after dinner, we cuddled on the couch with a movie. It was nice and relaxing and so comfortable.

Sometimes the greatest dates are the simple ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment