Sunday, September 26, 2010

I believe

Why is it that I have such a hard time letting go? Why when a relationship ends, can't I just walk away and be free?

Why am I constantly haunted by thoughts of what I could have, should have done or said? What could have been and what's not?

Why do I hang on to the hope that even though they chose to walk away, chose to leave me, to hurt me, that they'll wake up one day and realize that they miss me, still love me and that they'll come back to me?

I open my heart and trust, I let people in. I let people in and they hurt me. People ask why do I keep opening up, why do I let people in and open myself up to be hurt?

I believe that there is a reason for all the heartbreak I've been through. I believe that some day I will find love again, I will find a man who loves me just as much as I love him. That there will be a man who wants to share his life with me, wants to have a family with me, who wants to dance with me on the good days and who will hold me and comfort me on the bad ones.

I believe in love. I believe that it's better for me to put myself out there and open myself up to the hurt, than to close myself off and be alone.

To the people who have hurt me, I forgive you. Because of the hurt, when love finally finds me, when that man walks into my life and sweeps me off my feet, I will cherish every second of our lives together. I will remember that hurt and have an even greater appreciation for the love that I have found.

To the people who have hurt me, it wasn't all your fault. I let you in, I made a choice. It's not all your fault.

To the people who have hurt me, thank you. I have learned something from each and every one of you. I have learned to be a better person. I have learned to trust my instincts. I have learned to open my heart and feel, the good and the bad. I have learned that I'm a really beautiful person inside and out.

To the people who have hurt me, I believe there is a reason you came in and out of my life and I have no anger or hate towards you for hurting me. Just as I believe there is a reason that you were in my life, I believe there's a reason I was in yours.

To the people who have hurt me, I believe in love. You can't take that away from me. I will find love and I will live happily ever after.

2 comments:

  1. Don't focus so much on those that have hurt you, focus on the positive aspects and move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason I started this blog was to get this out of me, so I can stop focusing on the hurt. So far, it's helped me tremendously.

    ReplyDelete