Thursday, September 23, 2010

Think POSITIVE!

I try very hard to live my life as positively as I can. I used to work in a place where I was constantly surrounded by people who had the most negative energy. I let them suck me down into that deep dark place with them and I was MISERABLE!

I can't remember how I got out of that pit of misery that those people had dragged me down into, but I did. It was hard to stay positive in such a negative environment, I finally got fired from that job, because one day, I got so tired of all the BS, I called my boss a liar to her face (she was, I didn't even know how much so, until after I'd left) and she made sure I got fired for it.

Getting fired from that company, BEST thing that EVER happened to me!

Take the negative, turn it into a positive. I got another job right away and I couldn't be happier! This environment is so much better for me. I was meant to be here!

I sometimes wonder if negative people even realize how negative they are or if they have any idea what their negative energy does to the people around them.

Yesterday, someone I used to date and who likes to call himself my "friend" posted a negative comment on my Facebook status. 99.9% of the time I delete his comments right away, because they are usually negative and/or sexual in nature and I don't have time for that. Yesterday, I decided to let this one hang out.

My post talked about the delicious pizza I was going to be making for dinner. His comment to that was "How's the diet going? LOL". Now, I have been working out really hard at the gym and am very conscious of what I eat and I've been doing really well, I look and feel GREAT. I responded and said "Great, actually. I can have pizza, I just can't eat the whole thing. Everything in moderation." His response "Good luck with that."

Within an hour of him posting his initial response, I heard from several friends about how mad they were about what he had to say. My mom even responded and called him a jackass!

I know why he said what he said. He doesn't understand eating in moderation, he doesn't want me to be successful, and he wants to drag me down. I deleted him from my friend list. I don't need that. If he really was my friend, he'd want to support me and he'd have something positive to say!

If everyone would think before they speak, think about not just what they are saying, but how it can directly affect the people around them, thought consciously about having a positive affect on people, maybe we could make this world a better place. OR at the very least, make someone else have a better day with our positive words instead of our negative ones:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment