Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good guys really do exist

There really are good guys and I have dated a few, even the "bad" ones weren't all bad.

Take my ex fiance, for example, if it wasn't for him, I might never have visited the east coast or Ottawa, ON. He was also my first real love. I never knew what love was until I met him. Yes, it ended horribly, but I have no regrets. If I wouldn't have gone through that, I wouldn't have gone to therapy, where I learned a lot about myself and about how to take care of me and to protect my heart.

Last year, I went on a date with a guy who was so sweet and kind. We went to a baseball game and had a really wonderful time. Then he decided to get back together with his ex girlfriend and they recently got married. Congratulations Erik and Kristina, I wish you all the best!

There was SJN, he was a really good guy. We talked for 8 months before we ever met, in that time he became my best friend. If I went more than a week without talking to him, I felt lost. When I first started talking to him, I knew he was just separated from his wife and he was always going between getting back together with her and getting a divorce. When we finally met in person, it was magic. I've never experienced anything like it.

Unfortunately, he then decided to get back with his wife. It really hurt, but I wouldn't change a thing. From what I know, he's really happy now and that's what matters most.

In July, I met a guy who really set the bar as far as good guys go and having met him, I KNOW for a fact that not only do good guys exist, but that there are guys out there who have all the qualities that I am looking for.

BSL has everything I'm looking for in a man. He is honest, kind, caring, polite, respectful, funny, charming, good listener, protective, adventurous, extremely handsome and just an all around good guy.

We went on some really great dates and we took things slow, something that I'm horrible at. It was nice, we were really getting to know each other and after 6 dates, I was starting to fall for him, how could I not, he's such an amazing guy.

After 6 dates, BSL called and said that he decided we weren't a good fit. He'd really struggled with it and he didn't want to go any further for fear of really hurting me. It totally took me by surprise. I thought things were going great and that he really liked me. I know he liked me, but there were just some things he didn't like about me and couldn't get passed.

I have the utmost respect for him and the way he told me and I understand. It is hard, but I do understand. He is a really amazing guy and I wish him nothing but the best and I hope he finds exactly what he's looking for.

Currently, I'm dating R. I mentioned him in my great date blog. Tonight will be our third date and this time, I'm cooking for him.

R is a really great guy. He's kind, sweet, funny, thoughtful, caring, respectul and I don't want to embarass him, but he's extremely good looking. The only bad thing I have to say about him is that he's newly divorced and not ready for serious.

You know, I'm OK with that. He needs fun and honestly, so do I. What's wrong with hanging out with a nice guy who has all the qualities that I'm looking for? If we're both open and honest with each other, I don't see any harm in it.

I have no idea where this will go, I know he's not ready for serious. So, I'm going into this with my eyes open. If we date for a month or several months and we're having fun, and he decides to move on, that's OK, it was fun while it lasted. If on the other hand we date for a few months and he decides he's ready to try serious, well, that's OK too. I have no expectations. It's really refreshing to be dating someone so open and so honest, I just want to have fun and enjoy it!

Who knows what the future holds? All I know is that I'm a great girl and I deserve a great guy. So far, all the great guys I've met, haven't been meant for me, but I know, some day, I'll meet my guy. He's out there, I'll never give up hope of finding him.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I spoke too soon, no third date tonight with R. It's his son's open house at his school. His son comes first, which I totally appreciate. If his son wasn't the most important thing in his life, he wouldn't be the amazing guy that I know he is:)

    ReplyDelete