Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thunderbirds 4 - Winterhawks 1

Last year, the Hawks beat Seattle every game. This year, game one went to the Thunderbirds, 4 to 1. It was still a great game, still great to watch hockey again.

At first, I was really concerned, our team came out with no fire, it was almost like they were a little lost. Towards the end of the first period though, they started to be more aggressive and had a few good scoring chances.

Even though they lost, I think the Hawks played a good game. They had some great scoring chances, but Seattle's goalies was on FIRE!

My only complaint about watching a game in Seattle is the constant "Portland sucks" chant. I realize the Portland/Seattle rivalry is a long standing one and that both teams and fans hate each other, but really, Portland sucks? Especially last year when Portland beat Seattle in every game, who really sucked?

When Seattle comes to Portland, we have no such chant. When I see Seattle fans on the concourse or coming and going from the arena I never yell at them to "Go Home" (I heard this at least 5 times last night from various Seattle fans). What is wrong with these people?

I consider myself to be a good fan. I never boo, I never say another team sucks. I for sure NEVER put down the other team's fans, never, EVER. I treat them how I want to be treated!

Not all Seattle fans are bad, I met some really nice ladies last night as we were walking in and I have a really good friend who is a Seattle fan. I've met other good fans through out the years, as well as some REALLY bad ones.

My friend and I were talking about it after the game. If you look at the Winterhawks history, we've won 2 Memorial Cups and had a lot of success through out the years, Seattle hasn't had that. He and I both think that maybe the Portland fans are nicer, because we've had a consistently better team through out the years and that the Seattle fans aren't so nice, because their team hasn't been as successful.

It's just a thought.....

No comments:

Post a Comment