Monday, October 4, 2010

Is it a trend?

I'm not sure, but think I see a pattern starting and I don't like it. Three first dates, two guys are newly single and just re-entering the dating world and one is still living with his wife, though they are separated. Right now, I'm kind of feeling like a magnet for guys who aren't free to commit:(

On the one hand, I'm really super frustrated! All 3 guys are great, I liked them all and would have gladly started a serious relationship with any of them, but they're just re-entering the dating pool and aren't ready for a relationship. They've all been open and honest about where they're at, which is really cool of them, that way at least, I know to not get attached, but why do they have to be so great?

D was cute and funny and super sweet and we had so much in common. I just can't date someone who's still living with his ex, too much drama!

R is amazing. He's cute, sexy, funny, caring, thoughtful, kind, and a truly good person. He has no clue how amazing he is. His wife hurt him so horribly, if I ever met her, I think I'd hit her. I'm really not a violent person, but I don't think I could help myself.

He actually feels bad that he's not ready. He tells me all the time he feels guilty for dating me, because he can't give me what I want.

It makes me so sad, I just want him to be happy. I want to take away the hurt and make him all better. I know that it's not my job to fix him, but if I can help him even a little, then I'm going to do what I can. He deserves to know how great he is. Any woman would be lucky to have him and I'm glad that I get to have him, even for a little while, I know it's not forever, but I'm happy to help him and hopefully get him on his way to realizing what a great catch he is.

I had my first date with A last night and it was a good first date. I had a really nice time and I want to see him again. He's also newly single. I'm his first date, first internet date ever, since he broke up with his girlfriend of 4 years a month ago.

My concern with A, is that he is a serial monogamist (he was with his wife for 10 years and the first girl he met after they split up, he was with for 4 years). That's not a bad thing, but I don't want him dating me, because I'm nice. He needs to get out there and date, I think he knows that, but for him, I can see how he might think it's easier to just latch on to the first nice girl, but I don't want to take away the whole dating experience for him. Dating can be fun, sometimes it can suck, but it really is fun to go out and meet new people.

Then on the other hand, I'm kind of glad they're meeting me first. I think I'm a pretty cool chick. I don't play games, I'm open and honest, I don't have insane expectations about how often they're supposed to call or email or take me out. I look at it like I'm giving them a really positive experience. I don't have any expectations and I'm encouraging them to see other people.

I remember when I had just broken up with C, I wasn't ready for serious. Not even close. I wish I could have met someone like me, who was nice and caring and respectful and super cute;-) Someone who had patience and no expectations.

I have no idea why all of a sudden I'm meeting these guys who are newly single and not ready to commit, I just hope there's some purpose. Maybe I'm supposed to meet them so I can help them on their way and maybe I'm learning something from all this.

I will say that I feel like I'm getting closer to finding him, my Prince Charming. I feel like I'm almost there. Like he's just around the corner and if I haven't met him already (I'm not giving up on R or A, just because they're not ready now, doesn't mean we're not meant to be together at some point), that he's really close. I feel like I'm in a really good place, that I've opened up my heart and I'm ready to give and receive the love that I've been searching for my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment