Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beautiful Fall Weather

I drove to pick up lunch today and the weather outside is absolutely gorgeous. I really hope it sticks around for a couple more weeks.

This Friday, my mom, brother, nephew, his girlfriend and I are taking off to the beach for the day with the dogs. We don't mind if it's raining, but it would be better if the weather were like today.

Sunday, I'd really like to go on a hike on Mt. Hood. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been, Little Crater Lake. It's a very small lake, but it's really deep and so clear. I'd like to hike from there to Timothy Lake on a day like today, not so much if it's pouring down rain. If I wait much longer, the lake and trail will be covered in snow and I won't be able to get there:( I meant to go all summer and now I'm kicking myself for waiting!

Our summer took so long to get going and it seems like it ended really abruptly! Now I'm wishing I would have done all the things I wanted to while I had the chance. I will admit, I am excited for fall. I love watching the leaves change. Hockey season starts and of course, my favorite holiday, Halloween!

Hopefully, the weather will stay nice just for a couple more weeks. Long enough for me to get in my day trip to the beach, my hike on the mountain and for me to visit the pumpkin patch, I look forward to that trip ALL year:D

No comments:

Post a Comment