Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday is fast approaching and this week, I've been doing a lot of reflecting. I actually started writing a really depressing blog about how old I am and how upset I am that I haven't accomplished anything with my life, but then I stopped and took a step back. I started thinking about my life and who I used to be and who I am now and all that I have accomplished, I have no reason to be sad!

I have grown so much and made so many positive changes in my life. Even if I am not where I thought I'd be at this stage in my life, I can't be sad, I am proud of myself for coming this far and overcoming so many things.

This year, alone, I have made so many wonderful, positive changes in my life! I am working full time and am going to school, almost full time. I have a real attainable goal that I am working towards and it feels GREAT!

I broke up with someone that was not treating me well and have now been single for 9 months. Sometimes I feel down and really alone, but every time I think about how it was with him, I know I made the right choice and being lonely or down, is nothing compared to the way I felt when we were together. This is better!

Last summer, I went on 3 major hikes where I hiked 8 or more miles. Something I never thought I'd be able to do, but I did. On the first hike, the 12 mile, Fort to Sea hike, I had an out, I could have given up after 6 miles and gotten a ride back to town, but I didn't. My feet hurt, my blisters had blisters, but I pushed myself and did the whole thing.

If you would have asked me at 20, where I thought I'd be at almost 40, this doesn't even remotely resemble what I thought I'd be doing or where I'd be, but you know what, that doesn't make it wrong. It's my life and as quirky and messed up as some of it has been, it's my life, my journey and I am so proud of where I'm at and how far I've come.

Everything that has happend to bring me to this point of my life has been a learning experience and I'm better for it. Age is just a number, I'm not going to let that number get me down. I'm happy and proud and damn, I look good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment