Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dreaming in color

I dream pretty much every night, mostly in color and I remember most of them. Some dreams stick with me longer than others, for whatever reason. The ones where something really traumatic happens and I wake up crying or others are so ridiculously absurd that they stick with me for days.

A long time ago, I kept a dream journal and wrote down all my dreams. I've kind of gone away from that, I just don't have the time, but it was always fun to write them down, then read about them months later. I still remember a dream I had about Annabel the Anaconda from when I was in my early 20's!

This morning, I dreamt of someone I love and was once close to. I can still smell his skin, feel his lips on mine, see the color of his eyes, the dream was that vivid. In my dream, I was so excited to be close to him again, I wouldn't let him go, couldn't stop kissing him. I kept waiting for him to push me away and tell me to stop, but this was my dream and he was just as eager to kiss me as I was to kiss him. He was holding me so tight and wouldn't let go.

I've been awake for four hours and that dream is still with me. I ache for the closeness he and I once had, to feel his skin on mine, to experience that fiery passion that ignites every time we're near each other.

Really though, I don't think the dream was about him, as much as it was about how lonely I've been feeling lately. Monday night, I got a perfect score on a paper and wanted so desperately to call someone and share my excitement, but I didn't have anybody to call. Sucks.

I'm not really "alone" either, I have a huge support system of friends and family, no, it's not the same as having a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner, but right now, all I have are friends and family, which is more than a lot of people have. Someday, I will have a partner, the right one, for now, I am very thankful for all my friends and family. I can't imagine my life without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment