Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fallen Empires by Snow Patrol

I am LOVING Snow Patrol's new album, Fallen Empires. Another great album by my boys with another set of songs with some of the most amazing lyrics I've ever heard! I am getting SUPER excited for their concert on May 2nd, it's right around the corner.

Here are some of my favorite lyrics and the You Tube videos for you all to enjoy :)


And how the heavens they opened up / Like arms of dazzling gold / With our rain washed histories / Well we do not need to be told. 
Show me now show me the arms aloft / Every eye trained on a different star / This magic this drunken semaphore.
We are listening and we’re not blind / This is your life this is your time. (From Called Out in the Dark, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwTXwJg6_VE&feature=relmfu)

And in one little moment / It all implodes /But this isn’t everything you are.
Breathe deeply in the silence / No sudden moves / This isn’t everything you are.
Just take the hand that’s offered / And hold on tight / This isn’t everything you are.
There’s joy not far from here / I know there is /This isn’t everything you are. (From This Isn't Everything You Are, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Gljs8Y3Q8&feature=relmfu)

 

If you were here beside me instead of in New York / In the arms you said you’d never leave / I’d tell you that it’s simple and it was only ever thus / There is nowhere else that I belong.
Come on / Come out / Come here / Come here.
The long neon nights and the eek of the ocean /And the fire that was starting to spark / I miss it all from the love to the lightning / And the lack of it snaps me in two / Just give me a sign there’s an end and a beginning / To the quiet chaos driving me mad / The long neon nights and the want of the ocean / And the fire that is starting to go out. (From New York, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIlNguMTPXI&feature=branded)


This one is my absolute favorite, In The End. It has a really beautiful music video that goes along with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llUMU1jy_4g&feature=g-all-a&list=PLB83A9AD9F945DCD7&context=G2a9f671FAAAAAAAADAA

 
It’s the price I guess / For the lies I’ve told /That the truth it no longer thrills me.
And why can’t we laugh? / When it’s all we have / Have we put these childish things away? / Have we lost the magic that we once had?
In the end / There’s nothing more to life than love is there? / In the end / It’s time for us to lose our weary minds.
Will you dance with me? / Like we used to dance / And remember how to move together.
You are the truth / And it all makes sense / I’ve waited here for you forever / I’ve waited here for you forever.
In the end / There’s nothing more to life than love is there? / In the end / It’s time for us to lose our weary minds.
We’re lost ‘til we learn how to ask / So please, please just ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment