Monday, April 16, 2012

Major Milestone

Three and a half years ago, when my relationship with my fiance ended, I never thought I'd be able to get over the heartbreak, the betrayel or my love for him. I was devastated, a broken and shattered thing.

Today, as I think of that heart broken girl, I think WOW, I am totally over him and such a diffferent person! It was really brought home to me exactly how far I've come this weekend, when I came face to face with him at the Winterhawks game on Saturday. My friend Anna and I were walking around and saw C standing with a friend of ours. C waved me over, gave me a HUGE hug and we chatted a few minutes, before Anna and I continued on back to our seats.

As we're walking away, Anna asked me who that was. I said, "OH, didn't you know, that's my former fiance, C." She was shocked that not only did I go up and say hello, but that I let him hug me and talk to me. She then asked me how I felt. I had to stop and think for a second. How did I feel? I was a little surprised to realize, I didn't feel a thing.

No anger. No sadness. No regret. No love. No hatred. Absolutely nothing.

I can't tell you what a wonderful revelation that was. After everything that happened, him lying about his feelings for my former best friend and their relationship, them dating, then moving in together, the emails that he sent after our break up with pictures of me trying on wedding dresses, to tell me how beautiful I was, the way anytime he and the former best friend weren't getting along he had to tell me how psycho and crazy she was and how sorry he was for what happened. After all that, I have no feelings toward him at all.

Three and a half years ago, I never thought this day would come. All the therapy and all the positive, forgiving thoughts I've sent out to the universe, have finally paid off and it feels AMAZING!

Watch out World, I am a strong, confident, beautiful, amazing woman, who is following her dreams and is one step closer to her happily ever after.

1 comment: