Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Rules of the Road

My rant for this rainy Wednesday. 

Why don't people use their turn signals? They are on your car for a reason, USE THEM!!!

Why do people ignore emergency vehicles and not stop or even pull over for them? Is getting where you're going, so much more important? I'm pretty sure that whoever is in that ambulance or needing police/fire/medical assistance would have something to say about that.

Why do people stop in the middle of a busy 5 lane street (like SE Stark, SE Division, SE Powell, SE Glisan, where the middle lane is used for turning from) to let people cross the street? I understand it's a nice gesture, especially since there aren't many designated crossing areas on these streets, but when you're in the left lane and stopped, the person coming up in the right lane beside you, might not see that person crossing the street, because it isn't a designated crossing zone, they might not even realize what you are doing and hit the person that are trying to be kind to. Don't do it. The pedestrians should wait to cross when it's safe to do so and there is no traffic coming in either direction.

Bad drivers make me ill and are a huge pet peeve. Be safe, be courteous. You're not the only one on the road with some place to be. The world won't end if you drive safely. Personally, I'd rather drive safe and be five minutes late, than get in an accident or pulled over by the cops. That would cost me much more in the long run than being somewhere later than I said I would be.

OH and while you're out on the road, please keep an extra eye out for our friends on motorcycles. I have several friends who ride and I always worry about them getting hurt.

Please take care and drive safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment