Thursday, May 24, 2012

More Fabulous Quotes and Sayings


If you have the energy to waste on hating or doubting me, than maybe I can muster up some energy to make you hate me even more :) I'm not doing anything to you that would deserve your hate, anger or doubt, I am just living my life and if that is so offensive to you, keep your damn nose out of my life and my business, then there won't be any way for me to offend you!


The past is the past. I have learned from everything that has happened and grown to be the person I am. I wouldn't change a thing!

My friend sent me the following quote:
"Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in the gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead, surround yourself with optimistic people."
- Zig Ziglar

I struggle with this one. I am a very caring, generous and loyal friend. When I have a friend who is down, I want to lift them up. When I have a friend that has a problem or crisis, I want to help them get through it.  The problem is, I will give and give until I have nothing left and this "friend" has sucked me dry, yet they are still continuing on their path of gloom, doom, drama and crisis. There comes a point where I just have to say "Enough is enough. I love you, but I will no longer be sucked in to your pit of despair. If you love me and value my friendship, you will understand, if you don't, well, then you really weren't my friend to begin with." It sucks, but you can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. Tough lesson to learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment