Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Someday I will be a parent....

I will not see my child as a burden, but as a gift.

I will not neglect my child, because I have better things to do like play video games, get high, get drunk, go out with friends, party, get my nails done, etc..... Spending time with my child will be the best, most important thing I ever do.

I will not take a vacation from my child, rather my child and I will take fabulous vacations together. Even if it's just camping out in the backyard, it will be fabulous!

I will not have so many children that I can't give each child the attention they need and require. I will feel so blessed to have one child, if I'm lucky enough to have two, I will bend over backwards to make sure both feel loved, wanted and protected.

I will not abuse my child physically, emotionally or any other way.
I will not complain to any one and every one about how horrible my children are or how tired I am of them. Our children are a reflection of us, if they're horrible, that's our own doing.

I will read to my children, play with them, study with them, cook for them/with them, spend as much time as I can with them.

Will it be easy? No. Will it be perfect? No. Will I make mistakes? Yes.

Will it be worth it? EVERY MINUTE!

I am not a parent, but I want to have a child more than I want anything else in the world. I am fortunate to have many friends who are wonderful examples of how good parents should be, but unfortunately, I know just as many people who can barely take care of themselves, let alone their child or children. It makes me really sad and frustrated beyond belief.

I have been trying to write this blog for days, but it was so negative, nothing was coming out. I think finally I said what I needed to say and said it the right way. If you're one of the bad parents I'm talking about, it's not too late, you can make it right. Please, for the love of your child, fix it now, before it's too late!!!
 
 
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment