Monday, March 5, 2012

Diving in

I've decided I'm ready to get back out there and start dating again. DW and I broke up 6 months ago and at first, just the thought of dating made me want to vomit, but now, I think I'm ready.

There was a guy that I was kind of seeing for a couple months, but I wanted more than he could give me, so I walked away from that, as painful as it was. It's no fun to fall in love with someone, who doesn't love you back. I take full responsibility for that, he told me the whole time he wasn't ready for a real relationship, but I had this fantasy in my head that he'd see how amazing I am and would change his mind. Unfortunately, that was just a fantasy. Now I'm ready to get back to reality.

Going out with B for those couple of months, even if we weren't technically dating, showed me that I am ready to date, it's not so awful. Good guys do exist and now I have better tools and an awesome example of how I should be treated and what I deserve.

I will definitely be taking things slooooooow. I am really busy with school and that will be my main focus, but it will be nice to go out once a week for dinner or drinks and meet someone new. Maybe this time, I'll find what I'm looking for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment