Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A new level of tired....

For just over a month now I have been commuting from Salem to Gresham four times a week and it is exhausting. I thought school was stressful and tiring, but the commute is worse. Much worse. At least with school you have a schedule and a syllabus, you know what's coming. The commute though is different every day. Some days it's easy as a breeze, other days it's so bad I end up crying in my car.

Even on the easy days, that's still just over two hours in the car and my body hurts and my brain is tired. It is physically and mentally draining being so cautious and aware of everything around me. Sitting in the car is also giving me back problems from being in the same position for so long.

When I knew I was going to be moving, I put my resume together and started sending it out, thinking I'd get a job right away and only commute for a short time. Silly me, the job market is so tough right now, what was I thinking?

In the two months that I have been sending out resumes (I've sent out at least 50), I've had one job interview, ONE. This week, I am so excited, because I have two! Fingers crossed one of them wants me. I'm not sure how much longer I can handle this commute.

Please, if you're reading this, send me some happy, positive, job getting thoughts. I can use all the positive energy I can get.

Thank you :D

No comments:

Post a Comment