Friday, August 23, 2013

Major life changes are afoot!

Wow, so much has happened the last few months, I don't even know where to start. My mom lost her job and decided to retire. She bought a home at the coast. We are selling the house that we own together and I am moving to Salem to live with my boyfriend, Mark!

One more week and I will be living full time in Salem. WOW, this is so crazy. I have never lived any where, except the Portland/Metro area, so this is a huge change for me. Not only that, but my mom will be in Florence which is two and a half hours away. That is the farthest away I will have ever lived from her.

My mom is so happy and excited, though. It has always been her dream to retire at the coast. As much as I hate being so far away from her, I know that it's what she wants. Her new place is super cute and perfect for her. This just gives me a reason to go to the beach more often :D

Another major change for me will be going to a new school and finding a new job in Salem.  I have been in my current position for nine years. I've worked here longer than I have any other place and everyone here is like family. I am so sad to leave, but the idea of commuting freaks me out and I wouldn't be able to go to school. Between work and commuting anywhere between two and four hours each day, doesn't really leave any time for school.

So many changes in such a short time, but I am super excited. I think I may have finally found my happily ever after with Mark. He is so amazing and I am so lucky to have found him.


No comments:

Post a Comment