Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What makes me happy?

Sunshine
My little beagle, Gavin (I can't think of him without getting a HUGE smile on my face, I love that little dog, more than I ever thought possible!)
The ocean
The M-C family
My friends
Car dancing
Yummy food
A good book
A favorite TV show or movie
Laughter
Cooking
Playing games
BEER!
Cheese
Bacon
Snow Patrol
School
Disneyland
Oneonta Gorge
Ice Cream
Chocolate
Flowers
Herbs
Hiking
Camping
Movie Theatre popcorn
Previews
Eating at gourmet restaurants
Road trips
Games weekend
Being a geek
Grey's Anatomy
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Munchkin
HOCKEY!
Seeing my favorite band in concert
Powell's
The Chinese Gardens
Tea
Wine
Farmer's Markets
Lillian
Beast
Mother's Bistro
The Screen Door
The Melting Pot
The Waffle Window
Hawthorne
Miniature Golf
The waterfront
The MET
Earning an A
Good happy hour
Giraffes

OK, so I know this is kind of a weird, random post, but that's where I'm at right now, a weird random place. All my life, all I've ever wanted was to fall in love, get married and have a baby. I really had no other ambition outside of that. Well, I'm almost 40 and that hasn't happened, it's time I re-train my brain to stop focusing on that and find what REALLY makes me happy.

You'll notice that men, dating and love aren't on the list of what makes me happy, because they don't! I don't need a man or to be dating or to be in love to be happy. A very good friend keeps telling me that I just need to do what I love, whatever makes me happy and to stop worrying about meeting someone. He's right. I KNOW he's right, but damn, I've spent my whole life searching for Mr. Right, it's hard to stop!

That's where this post is coming from. Reminding myself that there is a huge list of things that make me happy and men, love, dating, even sex, isn't on that list. If I never fall in love, get married and have a baby, my world will not end. There is more to life than those things. I need to re-train my brain, do what makes me happy and forget all the rest.

Find what makes you happy. Nothing else matters......


No comments:

Post a Comment