Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mini-vacation

Less than a week until school starts and I'm taking another mini-vacation, before I start the term. Most of my weekend will be spent gaming, but I did get over to the scho ol to buy my books and I took a day trip to Seattle for The King Tut exhibit that is showing at the Pacific Science Center.

Two of my friends and I drove up and had the most wonderful time. We got there early and were able to visit other exhibits, before our window of time for the King Tut exhibit.

I was really excited to find out they had a tropical butterfly garden. It was AMAZING! They had butterflys of every size and in many different colors. They were flitting all over and around us. I couldn't stop taking pictures!

The King Tut exhibit was breathtaking. There all kinds of statues and other artifacts (including a toilet seat, no joke!), again, I couldn't stop taking pictures. There were several rooms to walk through and lots of information to take in.

For lunch, we went to Ivar's Acres of Clams for lunch, my favorite spot in Seattle. It's on the waterfront and has a wondeful view and the BEST scallop appetizer I've ever had. They cold smoke the scallops and serve them with a greens tossed in a vanilla bacon vinaiggrette all on a garlic crisp. Trust me, if you're ever in Seattle, head to Ivar's on the waterfront and get this appetizer!

After lunch we wandered Pike Place Market for a bit, got some more great pics and then headed home. It was a perfect day. Good friends, good food, good weather and a fantastic time at the science center.

Tomorrow, I'm heading out to stay with H and M for the weekend and play all my favorite games. I'm in charge of baked beans for the potluck on Saturday as well as making breakfast both days. I'm going to try out a breakfast casserole recipe. Hopefully it turns out.

Next week, I'll be back in school, almost full time, while working full time, I'm going to be crazy busy. So, I'm going to enjoy this last weekend of fun and good food with friends and lots and LOTS of games!

No comments:

Post a Comment