Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Eve with the Hawks

My favorite way to ring in the New Year is with the annual Winterhawks VS Thunderbirds hockey game. I missed a couple years after my fiance and I broke up. It was too painful at first, that was one of our things we shared, but I love the Hawks, love the New Year's Eve game, I can't let him ruin that for me.

Last year, I went with DW and we took my baby cousin, Aiden. Having a 4 month old baby with you for New Year's Eve, definitely puts a damper on the festivities. Which isn't to say it wasn't fun, we had a good time, but it wasn't quite right. I don't even think we were able to kiss at midnight, Aiden was not a happy baby, he didn't want to sleep :(

This year, I went with my mom and my friend, B. We had a blast. B bought me a cowbell. I've never been one of those people that blows a horn, uses clappers or rings a cowbell, but I have to say, I have been converted. I loved ringing the bell! MORE COWBELL!

It was a pretty good game. The first period, the Hawks didn't look so good, but by the 2nd period they'd hit their groove and ended up winning 2 to 0!

After the game, we could have stayed for their New Year's Eve party, but we chose to go home for our midnight count down. It was the perfect New Year's Eve. The Hawks won and I got my kiss at Midnight :D

No comments:

Post a Comment