Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shake it off, look at the positive!

Enough is enough. I'm tired of worrying and stressing. Time for some fun!

This weekend, I'm going on a short hike with some good friends and hopefully picking up a cat to come live with us. Mom's been wanting a cat for a while, so we're giving it a go! Plus I'm going to do some yard work and re-arrange my bedroom, so it doesn't feel so empty.

In two weeks, I'm going to the coast for the weekend and attempting another 12 mile hike. This one will be a little more difficult than the other hikes I've done, it has a really high elevation gain, but I am confident that I can do this! At the beginning of the summer, I didn't think I could hike 12 miles in one day or hike to the top of Multnomah Falls, now I know that I can hike at east 14 miles in a day and I CAN hike to the top of the falls! Plus I did both of those hikes with uncomfortable shoes that pinched my toes and hurt my feet, I'll be doing this hike with new, comfortable shoes that give my toes lots of room!

Here's a description of the hike. This will be a great high note to end the hiking season on and gives me something to build on when I start hiking again next spring/summer!

http://www.portlandhikersfieldguide.org/wiki/Tillamook_Head_Traverse_Hike


The thing I'm most looking forward to is just about 10 weeks away. My family and I are going on a trip to Disneyworld! I've never been and I'm so excited!
We're staying in a condo community, we've got 7 day park hopper tickets and we are going to Harry Potter World! This will be the longest vacation I'ver ever taken. I'll be off work for 11 days :)

We've got the dog and house sitter all lined up. All we need now is to find someone to take over Derek's plane ticket and we'll be all set. This vacation is exactly what I need to clear out all the bad gunky and get me back to my old self!

No comments:

Post a Comment