Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh how time flies...

Today, my newphew is graduating from high school. Seems like just yesterday, he was a baby and now he's all grown up.

Watching Colin grow up has been one of the highlights of my life. I have so many wonderful memories. Him playing with our boxer, Bud, they were the best of friends. When he was discovering the joys of food and the different flavor combinations he'd come up with by adding everything to his cup of milk and then trying to get someone else to drink it. Story time, he used to drive me crazy with his "Tell me a story" rant that wouldn't let up, no matter how many stories you told. Going on our many trips to Disneyland (watch out for the prickly pear!). My favorite memory, when he learned he could pee outside, he didn't want to go anywhere else!

I am so proud of Colin and all his accomplishments. His amazing grades, he's graduating with more than a 4.0 GPA. His volunteer work, he's done many tours as an Outdoor school counselor, and he's also been a volunteer at OMSI for several years. The thing I'm most proud of is what a great kid he's turned out to be.

Colin's future is so bright and I am so fortunate that I get to be part of his life  journey to see where it takes him.

I love you, Colin. You've made me so proud. Keep it up! I can't wait to see what you do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment